Teaching & Speaking
When God teaches me something, I immediately want to pass it on to others, so it seems natural that I would enjoy both teaching and speaking.
For over ten years, I have offered workshops for those pursuing writing as a ministry or profession. I teach at writers conferences, including Mount Hermon and the West Coast Christian Writers Conference, and have offered workshops online, through community centers and adult education programs. I am also available for classroom author visits and workshops.
Past writing workshop topics include…
- Getting Start or Restarted as a Published Writer (Mount Hermon 2017 Major Morning Track)
- Making the Most of Your First Writers Conference
- Secrets of a Successful Writing Career
- Writing for Publication (6-week community center course)
- Writing Your Life Story (6-week adult education course – also offered at a senior center)
- Devotional Writing (as a 1-hour conference workshop and an online course)
- Article Writing (online course)
- When You Just Can’t Write: Tips for Getting Over the Hump
- No One Wants My Story. Now What?
Talks for school groups include:
- The Building Blocks of a Story
- The Writing Life
- How to Write a Book (This workshop includes creating a class anthology)
- Writing Someone Else’s Story (Based on Running with Roselle), with an emphasis on not letting limitations get in the way of your dreams
- What’s This Story Really About? The Importance of Take-away.
I speak from my personal experiences of faith, overcoming limitations and crisis (including becoming a suddenly-single mom and living with low vision), and grasping our value in Christ. If you are looking for a speaker for your youth group, women’s luncheon, or special event, I would love to hear from you. Please e-mail me through my contact page.
Find me online!
Recently, I’ve had the honor of being a guest on some podcast shows that I love. Here are three that you might enjoy checking out:
The Easy Wife with Jami Amerine – It also includes a blog post for single moms.